1. Add olive oil to a small saucepan over medium heat
2. Add the minced garlic and saute until tender, but not brown.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and heat. Stir until ingredients are combined and warm.
4. Heat additional olive oil in a fry pan and saute the port OR chicken until cooked through.
5. Serve meat with sauce drizzled over each serving.
HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY SWIRLS
2 sheets (1 box) puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
4 ounces cream cheese softened
1 cup STONEWALL HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY JAM
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, additional for garnish if desired
1 egg, whisked with a dash of water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare 2 baking sheets by covering them with parchment paper.
2. Carefully unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a flat surface to ensure there are no tears. Gently spread 2 ounces of cream cheese evenly onto each sheet, leaving the top inch uncovered. Spread the STONEWALL HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY JAM over the cream cheese and sprinkle each sheet with one tablespoon of thyme.
3. Brush the top inch that was left uncovered with the egg. Beginning at the bottom, roll the pastry sheets tightly until you have completed the roll.
4. Place in the refrigerator to allow it to firm up for about 30 minutes for ease with cutting. Remove and slice into 1/2 inch slices. 5. Place each slice down on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 24-28 minutes, or until the slices have puffed and browned slightly. Garnish with additional thyme and serve warm.