1. Add olive oil to a small saucepan over medium heat
2. Add the minced garlic and saute until tender, but not brown.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and heat. Stir until ingredients are combined and warm.
4. Heat additional olive oil in a fry pan and saute the port OR chicken until cooked through.
5. Serve meat with sauce drizzled over each serving.
APPLE JALAPENO CHICKEN WINGS
1 cup STONEWALL KITCHEN APPLE JALAPENO JELLY
1/2 cup water
1/4- 1/2 cup bourbon
2 tablespoons butter
2 pounds chicken wings
1. In a food processor, puree the Apple Jalapeno Jelly
2. In a large skillet place the Apple Jalapeno Jelly, water, bourbon, and butter over medium heat. When melted, stir until uniform.
3. Add the chicken wings. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Remove lid and simmer another 30 minutes, turning the wings several times. The sauce should thicken, but do not allow to burn.
4. Remove wings and finish under the broiler until golden brown. Serve hot with reserved sauce from skillet.
HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY SWIRLS
2 sheets (1 box) puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
4 ounces cream cheese softened
1 cup STONEWALL HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY JAM
2 tablespoons fresh thyme, additional for garnish if desired
1 egg, whisked with a dash of water
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and prepare 2 baking sheets by covering them with parchment paper.
2. Carefully unfold the puff pastry sheets onto a flat surface to ensure there are no tears. Gently spread 2 ounces of cream cheese evenly onto each sheet, leaving the top inch uncovered. Spread the STONEWALL HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY JAM over the cream cheese and sprinkle each sheet with one tablespoon of thyme.
3. Brush the top inch that was left uncovered with the egg. Beginning at the bottom, roll the pastry sheets tightly until you have completed the roll.
4. Place in the refrigerator to allow it to firm up for about 30 minutes for ease with cutting. Remove and slice into 1/2 inch slices. 5. Place each slice down on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 24-28 minutes, or until the slices have puffed and browned slightly. Garnish with additional thyme and serve warm.
HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY SAUSAGE CALZONES
1 egg yolk
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 pound premade pizza dough at room temperature
4 tablespoons STONEWALL HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY JAM
1/2 pound ground sausage, cooked
1 tablespoon water
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, combine the egg yolk, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, salt and pepper and mix until everything is well incorporated.
3. Separate the pizza dough into 4 even sections. On a surface dusted with flour, roll each out to be a small circle that is about 1/4 inch thick and place on baking sheet.
4. Along with the top half of each circle, leaving about 1/2 inch empty along the top, spread about 1/4 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/4 of the cooked sausage and top with 1 tablespoon STONEWALL HOT PEPPER CRANBERRY JAM.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water to use as your egg wash on the calzones. Brush the edges of the open calzones and fold the empty half over the ricotta and sausage, creating a half moon. Using a fork or your fingers, crimp the edges of the calzone well to ensure they stay closed while cooking.
6. Brush the tops and edges of each calzone with the egg wash mixture. With a sharp knife, slice 3 small slits on the top of each calzone.
7. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the calzones have browned. Serve hot.